Excel Fluid Group offers Cornell Slurry Pumps. These pumps bring patented, Cycloseal technology to the mining and processing industry. The SP Series Slurry pump offers an excellent solution to abrasive applications throughout the mill process
The SP Series incorporates double-casing design, with replaceable liners and impellers available in both chrome iron and rubber. The patented Cornell Cycloseal incorporates a unique deflector vane back plate and expeller to offer a reliable, single mechanical seal design, even in the most severe operating conditions. The optional Run-Dry reservoir offers protection without the need for flush water.
SP Series Slurry Pumps
Cornell’s New slurry pumps expands their line of dewatering pumping solutions to abrasive application in the mining and mineral processing industry. With Cornell’s Patented Cycloseal® technology, the slurry pumps are built for extended life.
Cycloseal®: The Innovation That Distinguishes the SP Series as Cornell Tough
Cornell’s Cycloseal® design, with its unique deflector vanes, works with the expeller to create a cyclo-action. This action removes solids and abrasive material from the seal area while purging air and gas pockets – extending seal life and eliminating any need for venting or water flush.
Cycloseal® brings longer seal life, drastically reduces spray-over in operation, and decreases off-lining pumps for maintenance
- Extended Seal Life: Cornell’s Cycloseal® design has proven itself in the toughest applications from manure slurry to starch recovery to clear water, food processing, self-priming and hot cooking oil applications – in some cases more than tripling the normally expected mechanical seal life.
- Run-Dry™ Option: All slurry pumps equipped with Cornell’s Cycloseal® system have an optional run-dry feature available, which serves to lubricate the seal faces even when there is no liquid in the pump casing. In situations where the slurry pump must run dry for several hours, or where the pump may suddenly lose prime without being shut off, the Run-Dry™ feature is a must.
- System Savings: The Cycloseal® system requires no external water flush, filters, grease cups, piping or instrumentation normally associated with packing or double mechanical seals.
- Maintenance Savings: Longer seal life which translates into less pump down time and lower maintenance costs.
- Housing Material: Cast Iron
- Liner Material: Chrome iron or rubber
- Impeller Material: Chrome iron or rubber
- Backplate: Chrome iron
- Bearing Housing & Pedestal: Cast iron
- Dischrage Size: 2″ to 12″
- Flow rate: Up to 14,000 GPM
- Seal Type: Cycloseal® or gland packing
- Solids Diameter: Up to 3.5″
- Impeller Type: Enclosed
- Head: Up to 210′
The SP Series is designed to transport strong, abrasive slurry with a high concentration of solids at pH levels 5 to 12. Slurry Pumps are available in chrome iron and rubber configurations. SP series pumps are designed to handle abrasive high density slurries in mining, metallurgical, coal, manure, and other industrial applications.
- Solids handling up to 3.5″
- Heads up to 210′
- Industry leading two year warranty
- Superior abrasive and corrosive wear life
- Handles pH levels of 5 to 12
- Available in rubber or chrome-iron configuration
- Specific lining allows for various material handling
- Large handling size means fewer clogged impellers
- Robust design allows it to be in difficult operating environments
- Seal lasts up to three times longer than other mechanical seals
- Patented Cycloseal® and Run-Dry™ options